Monday, December 30, 2013

A New Year and a new beginning at The Crime Analyst’s Blog

It often said that the New Year is the time for new beginnings. In that spirit, I am going to try a new beginning. Over the next 52 weeks, my posts here at The Crime Analyst’s Blog will cover short ‘How To’ articles on skills and tips needed by crime analysts and persons working in a crime analyst’s role. I am planning on these tips to cover very basic entry level skills.

My reasoning for this is there are many small agencies that don’t have a trained crime analyst. But just because they don’t have a crime analyst doesn’t mean their agency wouldn’t benefit from some basic crime analysis skills. It’s my hope to be able to post these basic ‘How To’ articles here on The Crime Analyst’s Blog once a week or so. I hope you’ll follow along and let me know what you think.  

I’ve been blogging here at The Crime Analyst’s Blog since 2009. During the years that I have been blogging here, the majority of my posts have consisted of a link to a law enforcement news item, maybe a snippet from the story and some comments about it. During this time, social media has also become much more commonly used. I’ve become very active on both Twitter and Google+ during this time. Social media is the perfect outlet for that style of blogging. I will continue to post links and comments on law enforcement news items to my social media outlets. For that you can follow me 



I don’t know about you, but I am looking forward to 2014. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I reserve the right to remove defamatory, libelous, inappropriate or otherwise stupid comments. If you are a spammer or are link baiting in the comments, a pox be upon you. The same goes for people trying to sell stuff. Your comment will be deleted without mercy.