Monday, April 29, 2013

The Crime Analyst’s Blog is Going on Hiatus

I started The Crime Analyst’s Blog four years ago this month. Today’s post makes 1,369 posts. All in all, it’s been a great run.

However, cranking out posts is somewhat time consuming for me and I am finding that I am increasingly lacking time. In the past few months I have gone from posting five days a week to once weekly to try and better manage my time.

During the time I have been blogging, I have seen social media sites such as Twitter mature, gain followers and become an effective way to communicate and share. I have become an avid Twitter user and share more there than anyplace else.

For much of my style of blogging, a link to a news story and a few comments, social media would probably work just as well as the blog. It’s also much more efficient for me.

I also have a couple of partially finished and long neglected book manuscripts gathering dust. I hope that by having a bit more time I can finally get going on them again.

For this reason, I’ve decided to put The Crime Analyst’s Blog on hiatus for the time being. However, I will continue to post interesting crime analysis and law enforcement related items via Twitter so please follow me there.

My Twitter feed is here.

I can’t tell you just how long the blog will be on hiatus. I have no specific plans in that regard. Once I take a break and get some other projects out of the way I’ll get a chance to mull all that over. However, I’ll still respond to comments and emails regarding the blog as well as on Twitter.

I do want to let you know how much I appreciate you folks that take the time to read The Crime Analyst’s Blog. Writing the blog, and interacting with you has been very enriching to me. I hope that in some way, you’ve gotten value from the blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I reserve the right to remove defamatory, libelous, inappropriate or otherwise stupid comments. If you are a spammer or are link baiting in the comments, a pox be upon you. The same goes for people trying to sell stuff. Your comment will be deleted without mercy.