Monday, March 12, 2012

One Of The Best Reasons For A Cold Case Unit

There was a great piece this weekend over at the Charlotte, NC news outlet WCNC.com about the Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police Department's sexual assault cold case squad. In the story was this great quote from a victim in one of the cases recently solved by the unit.

"The police gave me a gift I never thought I would get," the woman, now 50, told the Observer. "I was amazed that they found him. The police didn't give up. They kept at it - kept digging. It made me feel that somebody cared about what had happened to me."

In the six years that the unit has been in operation, they have reviewed over 800 cases and cleared 132 of them. That's a pretty impressive record. But it's not just clearing a large number of cold cases that make the unit worthwhile. The most important thing they are doing is giving these victims their lives back.

The entire story is worth the read. Hit the link to read it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I reserve the right to remove defamatory, libelous, inappropriate or otherwise stupid comments. If you are a spammer or are link baiting in the comments, a pox be upon you. The same goes for people trying to sell stuff. Your comment will be deleted without mercy.