- Trio accused in Killeen murder to be tried together
- Elderly Harker Heights man travels to Corpus Christi for teen sex, gets prison instead
- Killeen stabbing leads to arrest
- California man accused of sex trafficking in Killeen heads to trial
- Temple Police nab prolific church burglar
This one’s a bit weird, a Killeen fast food joint was robbed by a man armed with a samurai sword. According to the story over at KWTX.com:
Police say the robber came into the Arby's Restaurant on W. Rancier Drive just after 9:00p.m. holding a samurai sword.
He demanded cash, and at some point he poked someone with the sword. That person was not seriously injured.
We’ve had a number of assaults in my sleepy little burg committed by people armed with swords, but this is the first sword point armed robbery I think I’ve ever seen.
If this guy watched the movie Seven Samurai he got it wrong, the samurai are supposed to be the good guys, not the bandits.